Fennel Crusted Bottom Sirloin Beef Tri-Tip Roast
Roast beef that's ready in just about 30 minutes – WOW! This small lean beef roast is BIG on flavour and just the right size for smaller families. Season with a quick rub and cook to medium doneness at most. To serve, carve across the grain into thin slices, like a Flank Steak. Be sure to allow the beef to rest before carving.
- ¼ cup (50 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper
- 1 ½ lb (750 g) Beef Bottom Sirloin Tri-tip Oven Roast
- Combine parsley, caraway and olive oil. Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Rub all over with parsley mixture. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer sideways into centre of roast. Oven-sear in preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 275°F (140°C); cook uncovered until thermometer reads 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving across the grain into thin slices.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Occasion: Everyday